Dear parents and carers,
We just wanted to get in touch to say hello and to offer support. We hope you are all well and have now received all the resources in the learning pack. Please get in touch with us if you need anything emailed or uploaded to the blog.
We are aware that this will be a time of high stress and anxiety for families and young learners, so with this in mind, the following guidelines may be of use:
- Try to stick to a routine, where possible, keeping meal, snack and break times consistent.
- Aim to communicate the plan for the day with your child either the day before or at the start of each day. A fun activity could be making a visual timetable for your home to replicate what we use in school.
- Vary what you are doing at home, for example a little reading followed by a maths activity or a movement break.
- Spend time talking to your child about how you are feeling and give lots of opportunity for them to share their emotions with you and talk about what would help them to feel better. You can download the Emotion Talks board from our blog to support this.
- Be mindful that if you or your child is stressed, take a break. You can always come back to a piece of work if you are having issues.
- Be kind to yourself – you can only do what you can.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need any resources. If pupils want to talk to us to let us know what they are doing, or just to have a chat, we are happy to receive emails.
Keep well everyone and stay in touch.
From the P2 team 😊